Photo by Getty Images/iStockphoto
I’ve successfully used overcooked cherry jam, blackberry jam, and mango jam to make barbecue sauce. This recipe can also be made with jam that isn’t overcooked.
Yields 2 cups.
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup homemade jam
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan, and heat slowly over medium-low heat, stirring until combined.
- Use with grilled hamburgers, baked beans, or as a sandwich spread. Store in refrigerator.
Learn about other ways to fix jam disasters in:
- How to Save Overcooked Jam
- Amanda’s Chicken Cherries Jubilee Recipe
- Peanut Butter and jelly Muffin Recipe
Renee Pottle is a freelance writer and author. She writes about food preservation, food businesses, and gardening from her home in Kennewick, Washington.