Chicken Portobello Pizza Recipe
Photo by Valerie Boese
This homemade pizza tastes even better than takeout. It comes together quickly, and no one will guess that you made it right in your own kitchen!
Yield: 4 servings.
- 14-inch uncooked pizza crust, store-bought or homemade
- 1 large cooked chicken breast, cut in ¼-inch medallions
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 large sweet pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 to 4 large raw portobello mushrooms, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 fresh tomato, sliced thin
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil, cut in strips
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. On top of pizza crust, evenly spread chicken, spinach, red pepper slices, portobello mushrooms, tomato slices, and mozzarella. Top with Parmesan cheese.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden-brown. Remove from oven. Let sit 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh basil.
Check out more delicious chicken recipes here!
Valerie Boese is a fourth-generation chicken keeper, and the owner of TarBox Hollow Poultry in Nebraska.
Butterscotch Pie Recipe with a Lard Crust
Use lard to make the perfect pie crust for a sweet butterscotch meringue pie.
Mulberry Muffins Recipe
Try these delicious and easy-to-make mulberry muffins, whether for breakfast or a snack.
Mulberry Scones Recipe
Make these easy and flavorful scones bursting with mulberries.