Chicken Portobello Pizza Recipe
By Valerie Boese | Aug 7, 2020
Photo by Valerie Boese
This homemade pizza tastes even better than takeout. It comes together quickly, and no one will guess that you made it right in your own kitchen!
Yield: 4 servings.
- 14-inch uncooked pizza crust, store-bought or homemade
- 1 large cooked chicken breast, cut in ¼-inch medallions
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 large sweet pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 to 4 large raw portobello mushrooms, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 fresh tomato, sliced thin
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil, cut in strips
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. On top of pizza crust, evenly spread chicken, spinach, red pepper slices, portobello mushrooms, tomato slices, and mozzarella. Top with Parmesan cheese.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden-brown. Remove from oven. Let sit 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh basil.
Check out more delicious chicken recipes here!
Valerie Boese is a fourth-generation chicken keeper, and the owner of TarBox Hollow Poultry in Nebraska.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.