Chicken Portobello Pizza Recipe
This homemade pizza tastes even better than takeout.
- 14-inch uncooked pizza crust, store-bought or homemade
- 1 large cooked chicken breast, cut in ¼-inch medallions
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 large sweet pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 to 4 large raw portobello mushrooms, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 fresh tomato, sliced thin
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil, cut in strips
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- On top of pizza crust, evenly spread chicken, spinach, red pepper slices, portobello mushrooms, tomato slices, and mozzarella. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden-brown. Remove from oven. Let sit 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh basil.
This homemade pizza tastes even better than takeout. It comes together quickly, and no one will guess that you made it right in your own kitchen!
Check out more delicious chicken recipes here!
Valerie Boese is a fourth-generation chicken keeper, and the owner of TarBox Hollow Poultry in Nebraska.