Ham Omelet Bakes Recipe
These little omelets can be served hot from the oven, or made ahead for a scrumptious breakfast on the go.
by Valerie Boese
- 3 flour tortillas (7-inch diameter) Cooking spray oil or butter
- 2 cups peeled, diced potatoes
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 1 cup cooked, diced ham
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray oil, and then cut each into quarters.
- Place 3 tortilla quarters, pointed end down, in each of four 8-ounce ramekins, overlapping them slightly to form a crust.
- In a 2-quart baking dish, toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Cover dish, and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons oil. Add potatoes, and cook until slightly browned. Add ham, and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add onion and peppers, and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, or until partially soft. Add to potato-ham mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and a little salt and pepper. Stir in cheeses, and add to potato-ham mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly among crust-lined ramekins.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Valerie Boese and her family live in northeast Nebraska, where they grow a wide variety of vegetables, herbs, and fruits. The family owns and operates TarBox Hollow Poultry.