- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground venison
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 carton (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles, cooked
- In skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic, and cook until onions are soft. Transfer mixture to small bowl; set aside.
- In same skillet, cook venison and red wine vinegar until meat is browned, breaking into crumbles as it cooks. Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add dissolved cornstarch and stir constantly for 1 minute. Add mushroom mixture, and bring to boiling.
- Turn off heat, and stir in cream cheese and sour cream. Serve over hot noodles.
Classic Creamy Stroganoff
FOR MORE, SEE EASY VENISON RECIPES