- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups grated Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add venison, and cook until browned, breaking meat into crumbles as it cooks. When meat is almost cooked through, add corn, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in salsa, sour cream, and chili powder.
- In 2-quart casserole dish, layer half the venison mixture, half the crushed tortilla chips, and half the cheese. Repeat layering with remaining venison, chips and cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. NOTE: To make nacho appetizers, prepare venison as directed above. Replace crushed tortilla chips with cup-shaped tortilla "scoop" chips. Arrange scoops on baking sheet, and fill with venison mixture. Top each with small amount of cheese. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Zesty Nacho Casserole
FOR MORE, SEE EASY VENISON RECIPES