- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley or thyme
- 1-1⁄2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 can (5-1⁄2 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 can (10-3⁄4 ounces) cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 3 cups cooked and drained wide egg noodles
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter 1-1⁄2-quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add and cook onion, parsley and peas until veggies are soft. Add tuna, soup, milk, salt, Worcestershire sauce and prepared noodles, and mix well.
- Turn mixture into prepared casserole dish, and top with breadcrumbs. Melt remaining butter, and drizzle evenly over top of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
Try more quick weeknight dinners with Easy Casserole Recipes.
This Tuna Casserole Recipe is a classic tuna recipe that everyone will love.