- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups pared, chopped apples (about 6 medium apples)
- 1 9-inch deep-dish pie crust, unbaked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add apples, and toss gently to coat. Spoon into pie crust, mounding to center. Dot with butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until crust begins to brown and apples are tender. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325 F.
- In small bowl, beat whipping cream and egg yolks. Pour over apple filling, pressing lightly with fork so mixture seeps into filling.
- Return to oven, and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is hot and bubbly.
- Cool to room temperature before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Discover more holiday pie recipes.
This apple pie recipe is even richer than ordinary apple pie, with a cream and egg sauce added to the filling halfway through baking.