30 Minute One-Pot Meals ( Page Street Publishing, 2016) by Joanna Cismaru shows you that half an hour and one pot is all it takes to create a delicious, minimal-mess meal. The following excerpt is Cismaru's Sausage, Mushrooms, and Spinach Rice Recipe.
Delicious smoked sausage, mushrooms and spinach give this rice dish a ton of flavor. It’s simple and satisfying, perfect for any season
• 1 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 cups white mushrooms, chopped
• 12 ounces smoked sausage, cut into thin slices
• 8 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
• 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
• 2 1⁄2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
• 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a large baking dish or skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and smoked sausage and cook for 5 minutes, or until onion softens and sausage begins to brown.
3. Add spinach, rice, chicken stock, and chicken bouillon, and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Continue to cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked through and all stock has been absorbed by the rice.
More from 30 Minute One-Pot Meals:
Reprinted with permission from 30-Minute One-Pot Meals: Feed Your Family Incredible Food in Less Time and With Less Cleanup by Joanna Cismaru and published by Page Street Publishing © 2016.