- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups white mushrooms, chopped
- 12 ounces smoked sausage, cut into thin slices
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large baking dish or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and smoked sausage and cook for 5 minutes, or until onion softens and sausage begins to brown.
- Add spinach, rice, chicken stock, and chicken bouillon, and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked through and all stock has been absorbed by the rice.
Delicious smoked sausage, mushrooms and spinach give this rice dish a ton of flavor. It’s simple and satisfying, perfect for any season.
30 Minute One-Pot Meals ( Page Street Publishing, 2016) by Joanna Cismaru shows you that half an hour and one pot is all it takes to create a delicious, minimal-mess meal. The preceding recipe is Cismaru’s Sausage, Mushrooms, and Spinach Rice Recipe.