Cast Iron Roast Beef Hash Recipe
By Jeff Thomas
Yields 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium-size red onion, diced
- 2 cups diced leftover roast beef
- 2 cups diced, cooked potatoes
- Salt, black pepper and steak sauce, to taste
- Hot water
- In 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add and sauté onion until translucent. Remove onion from skillet.
- Combine beef, potatoes, onion, salt, pepper and steak sauce in mixing bowl. Pour into hot skillet and press firmly with spatula to flatten slightly. Add just enough hot water to skillet so you can see it bubbling in the hash. Over medium heat, continue cooking until water disappears and light crust forms on bottom of hash, occasionally firming with spatula.
- Place skillet under broiler until crust forms on top. Serve with freshly gathered eggs and cantaloupe chunks.