Red Fife Double Chocolate Cookies
By Lois Hoffman
by Lois Hoffman
about 33 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed 100% cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1-1/2 cups ‘Red Fife’ flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix butter, oil, applesauce, and sugars. Mix in eggs and water. Add cocoa, and mix again.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Let dough rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until cookies feel set. Let cool on cookie sheet.
Lois Hoffman is a freelance writer and photographer with more than 20 years of experience covering topics related to rural living. She lives on a 37-acre hobby farm in Michigan.