- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 14 oz (400 g) fresh or frozen and thawed raspberries
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice (approx. 10 limes)
- 2 liters club soda
- Lime slices and raspberries for garnish
- Combine the sugar, water, and raspberries in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until the sugar has melted, and crush the berries with a wooden spoon. Let simmer for a few minutes before removing the pot from the stove.
- Strain the seeds and let the liquid cool.
- Pour the lime juice and club soda into the raspberry mix.
- Pour into glasses with ice and garnish with a slice of lime and a few raspberries. Or, fill clean, recycled glass bottles and serve with a stripy straw.
Reprinted with Permission from Vintage Parties by Emma Sundh, Linda Hansson, and Louise Lemming and Published by Skyhorse Publishing.
Vintage Parties (Skyhorse Publishing, 2014), by Emma Sundh, Linda Hansson, and Louise Lemming, encourages readers to use vintage style and decorating techniques at the next party they host. Readers can find decorating ideas, recipes, and tips to planning the perfect party. This excerpt can be found in Chapter 3, “County Fair.”