- 2 cups peanut butter cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted, melted
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream, chilled, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, semisweet
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roasted, unsalted, coarsely chopped, for garnish
- In large bowl, combine cookie crumbs, pecans and sugar. Stir in butter until combined. Press over bottom and up sides of 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Put plate in freezer for 1 hour.
- In chilled bowl, put 1-1/2 cups cream. Using electric mixer on medium speed, beat until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, put cream cheese and superfine sugar. Using electric mixer on medium speed, beat until smooth. Scrape down bowl. Add peanut butter and vanilla; beat thoroughly, then fold in whipped cream until completely combined. Spoon filling into frozen crust, spreading evenly. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- In ceramic or glass bowl, put chocolate chips with remaining cream; cover with plastic wrap. Heat in microwave on high for 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Sprinkle peanuts over pie, then drizzle with chocolate cream. Chill 2 more hours before serving. Discover more holiday pie recipes.
For your next holiday get-together, why not a tried-and-true combination of peanut butter and chocolate in pie form?