Mix-and-Match Mom’s Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup Saltine cracker crumbs (about 12 crackers)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1-8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix ground beef, cracker crumbs, eggs, onion, salt, 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, and tomato sauce in a bowl. Put in a greased 8-by-8-inch baking dish and bake 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard in a bowl. Once 40 minutes is up, top casserole with sauce and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
Taken from: Mix-and-Match Meal Planner: Your Weekly Guide to Getting Dinner on the Table (Mix-And-Match Mama). Copyright © 2016 by Shay Shull. Published by Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon. Used by Permission.
About Shay Shull: Shay Shull is a wife, mom, author and entrepreneur. On her Mix and Match Mama blog, she writes about motherhood, adoption, world travel, and, of course, yummy food. Shay and her husband struggled with infertility, but they received the miracle of birth with two children, and the joy of adopting two children. She and her husband and their four children live near Dallas, Texas. Shay’s brother Sean Lowe was the star of The Bachelor (2013). Shay is the author of four books including Mix & Match Meal Planner, Mix & Match Cakes, Mix & Match Mama Eats, and Mix & Match Mama Kids in The Kitchen. She has been featured on national television shows including Hallmark’s Home & Family and The Today Show.
The Mix-and-Match Meal Planner (Harvest House Publishers, 2016), by Mix and Match Mama blogger Shay Shull, is for people who need some inspiration as to what to make for dinner. Shull helps answer that question with a collection of meal planner recipes. If you’re craving a meatloaf “just like Mom used to make,” Shull has her own version to share with her Mom’s Meatloaf recipe.
If you’re interested in planning and adding more recipes to your dinner table, you can check out more Mix-and-Match Meal Planner recipes here: