Mediterranean Cucumber and Tomato Salad Recipe
By Andrea Chesman | Jun 16, 2020
Photo by Andrea Chesman
Yields 4 servings.
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano or mint leaves
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 cups quartered and sliced cucumbers
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, oil, lemon juice, oregano, olives, and cheese. Set aside at room temperature, and allow mixture to marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add the cucumbers to a salad bowl. Add the marinated tomato mixture, and gently toss to combine. Taste, and add salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately.
Check out more cucumber salad recipes here.
Andrea Chesman has written more than 20 cookbooks. She gives cooking demonstrations at events across the United States.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.