Mediterranean Cucumber and Tomato Salad Recipe
Photo by Andrea Chesman
Yields 4 servings.
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano or mint leaves
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 cups quartered and sliced cucumbers
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, oil, lemon juice, oregano, olives, and cheese. Set aside at room temperature, and allow mixture to marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add the cucumbers to a salad bowl. Add the marinated tomato mixture, and gently toss to combine. Taste, and add salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately.
Check out more cucumber salad recipes here.
Andrea Chesman has written more than 20 cookbooks. She gives cooking demonstrations at events across the United States.
Butterscotch Pie Recipe with a Lard Crust
Use lard to make the perfect pie crust for a sweet butterscotch meringue pie.
Mulberry Muffins Recipe
Try these delicious and easy-to-make mulberry muffins, whether for breakfast or a snack.
Mulberry Scones Recipe
Make these easy and flavorful scones bursting with mulberries.