- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash of Italian seasoning
- Tomato juice
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In skillet, brown hamburger, onion and green pepper until beef is cooked through.
- Add rice, then stir in cheese, salt, pepper, chili powder and seasoning.
- Pour mixture into baking dish. Add enough tomato juice to cover hamburger mixture, then stir in water. Bake for 1 hour.
More from Recipe Box:
Recipe Box: Lemon Meringue Pie and More
Associate Editor Jean Teller hopes to one day replicate those delicious lemon meringue pies her mom used to create.
Sharon Whitney, Kennewick, Washington, is looking for a recipe she remembers preparing in the early 1980s. It was a rice dish that also included ground beef, onions, bell peppers and possibly mushrooms.
Several readers said the description is similar to Spanish Rice. Elaine Weidman, Newburg, Pennsylvania, sends this version.