Crab Apple Pancakes Recipe
Photo by Getty Images/ArtCookStudio
Yields 8 pancakes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar, as desired for sweetness
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped or grated crab apples
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, and oil. Add to dry ingredients, and mix until just moistened. Gently stir in crab apples.
- Pour 1/8 of the mixture on a hot griddle or in a preheated skillet, and cook until golden. Flip, and continue cooking until done. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
Discover more information on crab apples, as well as more great recipes, in Cooking with Crab Apples.
Bruce and Elaine Ingram are the authors of Living the Locavore Lifestyle, about hunting, fishing, and gathering food (with recipes). Contact them at BruceIngramOutdoors@Gmail.com.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.