Crab Apple Pancakes Recipe
Photo by Getty Images/ArtCookStudio
Yields 8 pancakes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar, as desired for sweetness
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped or grated crab apples
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, and oil. Add to dry ingredients, and mix until just moistened. Gently stir in crab apples.
- Pour 1/8 of the mixture on a hot griddle or in a preheated skillet, and cook until golden. Flip, and continue cooking until done. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
Discover more information on crab apples, as well as more great recipes, in Cooking with Crab Apples.
Bruce and Elaine Ingram are the authors of Living the Locavore Lifestyle, about hunting, fishing, and gathering food (with recipes). Contact them at BruceIngramOutdoors@Gmail.com.
Butterscotch Pie Recipe with a Lard Crust
Use lard to make the perfect pie crust for a sweet butterscotch meringue pie.
Mulberry Muffins Recipe
Try these delicious and easy-to-make mulberry muffins, whether for breakfast or a snack.
Mulberry Scones Recipe
Make these easy and flavorful scones bursting with mulberries.