In The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook: Over 100 Recipes for Any Program Level, Diane Sanfilippo provides more than 100 recipes readers can enjoy "guilt-free." These simple and delicious recipes and meal plans will help readers easily cut bad eating habits and get rid of sugar and carb cravings for good. The following excerpt is from Chapter 3, "Easy Recipes."
- 3 tablespoons Healthy Homemade Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (or 1/2 teaspoon celery seed)
- 1/2 head green cabbage, finely sliced or shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, onion powder, granulated garlic, and celery salt.
- Add the cabbage and carrot and toss well to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Eat immediately, or refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving. The slaw will soften over time.
Note: When using celery salt, it's important to add it before you add sea salt to be sure you don't overseason the slaw.
More from The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook:
- Chorizo Burgers with Spicy Red Onions Recipe
- Coffee and Cocoa Rubbed Ribs Recipe
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Smoky Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe
- Turkey Jerky Recipe