In The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook: Over 100 Recipes for Any Program Level, Diane Sanfilippo provides more than 100 recipes readers can enjoy "guilt-free." These simple and delicious recipes and meal plans will help readers easily cut bad eating habits and get rid of sugar and carb cravings for good. The following excerpt is from Chapter 3, "Easy Recipes."
- 3 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil, plus more for the squash
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Chorizo Spice Blend, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef or bison (or a blend)
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices butternut squash, peeled (optional)
- Sea salt
- Mixed greens or lettuce and additional toppings of your choice, such as avocado, tomato, and bacon, for serving
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Heat the ghee or coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion in the skillet for about 10 minutes, until soft.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the Spice Blend over the onion and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the meat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the Spice Blend. Form into 4 patties.
- Grill the burgers over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side or to the desired doneness.
- Brush the butternut squash slices with ghee or coconut oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Grill each side for about 3 minutes or until just cooked through.
- To serve, place the burgers over mixed greens or lettuce and top with the butternut squash rings, onions, and any additional toppings of your choice.
More from The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook:
- Coffee and Cocoa Rubbed Ribs Recipe
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Smoky Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe
- Turkey Jerky Recipe
- Cookout Coleslaw Recipe