Adapted from Wholesome Home Cooking.
• 1 cup sprouted grain flour
• 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
• 2 eggs
• 2 tablespoons heavy cream
• 2 cups seasoned chicken broth
• 5 cups water
• 1 teaspoon celery flakes
• 4 cups cooked, chopped chicken
1. In bowl, combine flour and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt with fork. Add eggs and mix well. Add cream and work into dough.
2. On lightly floured surface, roll dough out thin, and cut into squares.
3. In large stockpot over medium-high heat, bring broth, water, remaining salt, and celery flakes to boil.
4. Gently drop a few dough squares into broth. Allow broth to reheat, then add more dough squares. Repeat with remaining dough squares.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, adding additional water as needed. Add chicken, and simmer for an additional 20 minutes, or until dough squares are cooked through.
NOTE: For some variation, add 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon sage. To make with beef, add raw beef cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes to broth and water in the beginning. Add 2 to 3 bay leaves for seasoning.