6 servings SERVINGS
- 1 cup sprouted grain flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups seasoned chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon celery flakes
- 4 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- In bowl, combine flour and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt with fork. Add eggs and mix well. Add cream and work into dough.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough out thin, and cut into squares.
- In large stockpot over medium-high heat, bring broth, water, remaining salt, and celery flakes to boil.
- Gently drop a few dough squares into broth. Allow broth to reheat, then add more dough squares. Repeat with remaining dough squares.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, adding additional water as needed. Add chicken, and simmer for an additional 20 minutes, or until dough squares are cooked through. NOTE: For some variation, add 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon sage. To make with beef, add raw beef cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes to broth and water in the beginning. Add 2 to 3 bay leaves for seasoning. Get more great pot pie recipes.
Adapted from Wholesome Home Cooking.