- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted before measuring
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter with hand mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to sugar mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla, and beat until thoroughly blended. Fold in blueberries and walnuts.
- Divide batter evenly among paper liners, filling about 2⁄3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving. Find more nut-enriched recipes here: Nut Recipes for the Country Kitchen.
These blueberry muffins are a subtle twist on the traditional recipe, with walnuts for added crunch.