Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe
Photo by Andrea Chesman
Yields 4 servings.
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh or pickled ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 8 cups halved, seeded, and sliced cucumbers (about ¼ inch thick)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts or salted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional
In a salad bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mirin, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, and garlic. Whisk in the oil. Add the cucumbers, peanuts, scallions, and cilantro to the bowl, and gently toss. Serve immediately.
Check out more cucumber salad recipes here.
Andrea Chesman has written more than 20 cookbooks. She gives cooking demonstrations at events across the United States.
Butterscotch Pie Recipe with a Lard Crust
Use lard to make the perfect pie crust for a sweet butterscotch meringue pie.
Mulberry Muffins Recipe
Try these delicious and easy-to-make mulberry muffins, whether for breakfast or a snack.
Mulberry Scones Recipe
Make these easy and flavorful scones bursting with mulberries.