Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe
By Andrea Chesman | Jun 16, 2020
Photo by Andrea Chesman
Yields 4 servings.
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh or pickled ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 8 cups halved, seeded, and sliced cucumbers (about ¼ inch thick)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts or salted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional
In a salad bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mirin, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, and garlic. Whisk in the oil. Add the cucumbers, peanuts, scallions, and cilantro to the bowl, and gently toss. Serve immediately.
Check out more cucumber salad recipes here.
Andrea Chesman has written more than 20 cookbooks. She gives cooking demonstrations at events across the United States.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.