- Double crust for 9-inch pie
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen apple juice, thawed
- 5 to 6 Jonathan apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 450°F. Place bottom crust in pie plate; set aside.
- In medium saucepan, heat flour, cinnamon and salt. Gradually stir in apple juice and bring to a boil. Add apples and stir thoroughly to coat with thickened juice. Pour into pie shell and dot with butter. Add top crust and seal.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350, and continue baking for an additional 30 to 35 minutes, or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
No sugar in this Diabetic Sugar-Free Apple Pie recipe makes it safe for everyone.
Recipe Box: July/August 2011 – Homemade Pie Recipes