- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- • 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 12 to 16 ounces leftover roast beef, shredded or cut into narrow strips
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup homemade pesto sauce
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Fresh salsa, optional
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook 3 to 5 minutes more, or until mushrooms and onions are tender. Stir in roast beef and cook several additional minutes, or until beef is heated through. Remove from heat, then toss in cheese and pesto sauce until combined.
- Place filling evenly in center of each tortilla. Wrap by folding sides over center, then folding bottom over filling and continue to roll until completely wrapped. Serve with fresh salsa on the side.
Leftover roast beef offers a quick and easy solution with a hearty and healthy roast beef wrap recipe with mushrooms when you’re short on time or just don’t feel like cooking.