Raisin Honey Pie
FOR MORE, SEE EASY PIE RECIPES
• 1 cup raisins
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup mild-tasting honey (such as clover or alfalfa)
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup chopped nuts
• Prepared pastry for double-crust pie
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In saucepan over medium heat, stew raisins in water until tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in honey, butter, egg yolk, flour and nuts, and continue cooking until mixture thickens. Set aside.
3. Roll out half the pastry dough to form 11-inch circle. Transfer to 9-inch pie plate, and trim edges, leaving 1/2-inch overhang.
4. Pour filling into pastry in pie plate.
5. Roll out remaining pastry dough to form 12-inch circle. Place over filling, and seal and flute edges.
6. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until crust is golden. Cool before slicing.
NOTE: If desired, this pie can be prepared with a single crust and a meringue topping instead of a double crust. Simply place the filling in a baked pie crust, and cover with prepared meringue. Bake until meringue is nicely browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.