Perfect PastryFOR MORE, SEE EASY PIE RECIPES
• 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted (10 ounces)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup solid fat (lard, butter or shortening)
• 1/4 cup cold milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. In large bowl, combine flour and salt, whisking to ensure salt gets evenly distributed. With pastry blender, cut in fat until mixture forms pea-sized crumbs. Add milk, and mix with fork until dough comes together in ball.
3. Divide dough into 3 portions. On lightly floured work surface, using floured rolling pin, roll each portion of dough out into circle, about 1/8-inch thick. Carefully transfer to 3 ungreased 8-inch pie plates.
4. Add filling to unbaked pie shells, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and crusts are golden brown.
NOTE: If the pie shells need to be baked before adding your filling, prick the crusts liberally with a fork, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown, in a preheated 400-degree oven. Cool completely on wire racks before filling.