Summer Sandwich Recipes.
• 3⁄4 cup diced fresh pineapple, or 1⁄2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
• 1⁄2 cup canned tomato puree
• 1⁄4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
• 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
• 8 slices rye bread
• 8 lettuce leaves
• 4 slices American cheese
• Prepared meatloaf
1. Place pineapple in small saucepan, and mash with potato masher. Stir in tomato puree, coconut sugar, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and cayenne, if using. Bring to simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
2. Assemble sandwiches with bread, lettuce, cheese slice, meatloaf, and spoonful of tomato-pineapple dressing.