EASTER BRUNCH RECIPES
• 1 loaf French bread
• 8 large eggs
• 2 cups half-and-half
• 1 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
• 2 teaspoons nutmeg, divided
• 2 sticks butter, softened
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1. Generously butter 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Slice bread into 1-inch-thick slices, and arrange in rows in baking dish. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon nutmeg. Whisk until blended but not bubbly.
3. Pour egg mixture over bread slices and spoon some between slices. Be sure all bread slices are covered with mixture.
4. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
5. The next day, about an hour before you plan to eat, preheat oven to 350 F.
6. In small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, remaining cinnamon, and remaining nutmeg until well-combined.
7. Remove casserole from refrigerator. Allow to come to room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes. Spread brown sugar mixture evenly over bread and egg mixture.
8. Bake for 45 minutes, or until puffed and lightly golden. Cool before serving.