- 1 pound wild game, cubed (this can also be a vegetarian dish)
- Fresh vegetables cut into small pieces, including fingerling carrots, onions, peppers, garlic, potatoes
- Olive oil or butter, for sautéing and to coat each tobacco leaf
- Fresh whole tobacco leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine meat and vegetables.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté mixture in olive oil 5 to 7 minutes until vegetables begin to brown. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Spread tobacco leaves on a baking sheet, and coat leaves with butter or oil. Fill tobacco leaves with meat and vegetable mixture. Tuck sides in and wrap leaf around mixture. Do not overstuff; you want to be able to wrap the leaf completely around the mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until meat is cooked thoroughly, checking periodically.
- Remove from oven, and cool slightly. Unwrap mixture and serve. The tobacco will leave a delicious flavor behind in the filling!