- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid mesquite flavoring
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound turkey meat, sliced thin
- Combine all ingredients except turkey slices in large zipper-seal bag. Add turkey to bag. Seal and squish to coat meat. Unseal and squeeze out all air. Reseal, and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove turkey from marinade and gently pat off excess moisture with paper towels. Place turkey strips in single layers, with space in between, on dehydrator racks.
- Dehydrate until jerky is leathery and chewy, but not crisp enough to snap when bent. See manufacturer directions for approximate cooking times.
- Cool completely, then store in zipper-seal bags in refrigerator. Want more jerky recipes? Read How to Make Jerky for a full array of recipes and an introduction into the world of jerky.
Peggy Trowbridge Flippone sent in this Turkey Jerky Recipe from her Home Cooking blog.