These tasty scones use rose petals for a light, floral flavor.
• 2 cups pastry flour
• 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 2 large eggs, divided
• 2/3 to 3/4 cup heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
• 3 tablespoons rose petals, untreated and cleaned
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Place flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in food processor, and pulse to mix. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles sand with pea-size pieces of butter throughout.
3) Add egg, heavy cream, vanilla, and rose petals. Pulse just until dough comes together. Turn mixture onto lightly floured surface. Gently form ball, and flatten into 3/4-inch disc. Cut into 8 wedges. Set aside.
4) In small bowl, beat remaining egg. Brush tops of scones with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes.
Try these other edible flower recipes.