Make this easy Irish Potato Salad Recipe to impress your guests.
• 1 large onion, minced
• 2-1/2 to 3 pounds potatoes, boiled and sliced
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 pound bacon
• 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup hot water
• 1/2 cup vinegar
• 1/4 cup sugar
1. In large mixing bowl, combine onion and potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Cut bacon into 1/4-inch pieces. Fry in skillet over medium heat until just crisp. Gently stir in potato mixture, and cook until potatoes are lightly browned. Remove skillet from heat, and set aside.
3. In small saucepan, bring flour, water, vinegar and sugar to simmer. Remove from heat, and immediately pour over potato mixture. Stir gently to combine. Serve warm.