- Prepared pastry for single-crust pie
- 12 peach halves
- 1/4 cup syrup from peaches
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Roll out pastry to form 11-inch circle. Transfer pastry to 9-inch pie plate. Cut strips from leftover pastry scraps, and set aside.
- Arrange peach halves, cut side up, over pastry in pie plate. Set aside.
- In saucepan over medium heat, combine syrup, brown sugar, butter, flour, lemon juice and mace. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Pour over peaches in pie plate. Cover with pastry strips, in crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400 F, and bake for another 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cool slightly.
Butterscotch Peach Pie
FOR MORE, SEE EASY PIE RECIPES