Pasta Primavera Recipe
It doesn’t get any easier than pasta, water, and veggies in a one-pot meal!
Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne or similar pasta
- 3 tablespoons dehydrated tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated chopped leeks
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated carrots
- 2 tablespoons tomato powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
1. Bring 3-1/2 cups water to boil in a large pot.
2. Add all ingredients, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Remove from heat. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Check out more tasty recipes using dehydrated foods here!
Renee Pottle writes about food preservation and gardening from her home in Kennewick, Washington. She’s the author of Creative Jams and Preserves and The Confident Canner.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.