Pasta Primavera Recipe
By Renee Pottle
Dehydrated vegetables will make this one-pot pasta recipe a quick, easy, and tasty addition to your regular meal rotation.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne or similar pasta
- 3 tablespoons dehydrated tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated chopped leeks
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated carrots
- 2 tablespoons tomato powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- Bring 3-1/2 cups water to boil in a large pot.
- Add all ingredients, and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
It doesn’t get any easier than pasta, water, and veggies in a one-pot meal!
Check out more tasty recipes using dehydrated foods here!
Renee Pottle writes about food preservation and gardening from her home in Kennewick, Washington. She’s the author of Creative Jams and Preserves and The Confident Canner.