Oatmeal Coconut Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, oatmeal, coconut, and cereal.
- Drop batter by tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set.
More from One Dirty Bowl:• Chocolate Fudge Brownies With Lemon Frosting Recipe
One Dirty Bowl (Front Table Books, 2014) indulges your sweet tooth while getting you out of the kitchen in no time. From author Christina Dymock, One Dirty Bowl provides quick, tasty desserts that use only one bowl, which means more time with your family and friends at the table. The following oatmeal coconut cookies recipe comes from the section “Enticing Cookies.”
This book can be purchased from the GRIT store: One Dirty Bowl.
These wonderful cookies turn out thin. They have a delicious flavor, and the cereal adds a little of the unexpected.