- 2 prepared pie crusts of your choice
- 4 cups fresh mulberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Pie Filling Enhancer (thickening agent)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place 1 pie crust in pie pan. Combine berries, sugar, pie filling enhancer, and extract. Stir and pour into crust-lined pie pan.
- Cut butter into pea-sized bits and scatter over fruit mixture. Place second crust over top of fruit, sealing edges together. If keeping top solid, cut a few 1-inch slices in crust to allow steam to escape. If cutting the top crust into strips to make a lattice design, these slices are unnecessary.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 F, and continue baking an additional 38 to 40 minutes, until crust is lightly golden and fruit mixture is bubbling.
- Cool your pie at least 10 minutes before serving.