Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Yields 6 servings.
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 5 cooked peeled potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled, divided
- Fresh chives, for garnish
- In a stockpot over medium-low heat, sauté onion in butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add cheeses, cream, milk, parsley, and half of bacon, and stir to combine. Cover, and cook until cheeses have melted.
- Garnish with fresh chives, shredded cheddar cheese, and remaining bacon.
For more Seasonal Soup Recipes, check out Winter Soups to Warm You Up.
Valerie Boese is a fourth-generation chicken keeper, and the owner of TarBox Hollow Poultry.
Persimmons: Sweet as Pie
Plant persimmon trees in zones 4 to 9 and harvest sweet fruit for delicious recipes of cupcakes, custard pies, sweet breads, iced cookies.
Leavened and Unleavened Flatbread with Recipes
Learn the history behind flatbread and try your hands at making leavened and unleavened fresh flatbread recipes in no time.
Red Fife Double Chocolate Cookies
Sift red fife heritage wheat flour before measuring to ensure the correct amount and air is incorporating into the double chocolate cookies.