Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Yields 6 servings.
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 5 cooked peeled potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled, divided
- Fresh chives, for garnish
- In a stockpot over medium-low heat, sauté onion in butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add cheeses, cream, milk, parsley, and half of bacon, and stir to combine. Cover, and cook until cheeses have melted.
- Garnish with fresh chives, shredded cheddar cheese, and remaining bacon.
For more Seasonal Soup Recipes, check out Winter Soups to Warm You Up.
Valerie Boese is a fourth-generation chicken keeper, and the owner of TarBox Hollow Poultry.
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.
Take your potatoes from plain to flavorful with these comforting crowd-pleasing recipes.