Lemon-Blueberry Yogurt Cheesecake
By Maggie Bullington | Jul 30, 2019
Your homemade yogurt cheese will shine in this light, airy cheesecake, which is the perfect blend of tart and sweet. Yields 1 cheesecake.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups homemade yogurt cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Photo by margo555
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- To make crust: Mix together flour and powdered sugar. Cut in butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a 9-by-9-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make filling: Combine whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl, and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat yogurt cheese, lemon juice, and zest until smooth. Gently fold in whipped cream mixture until just combined.
- Spread filling over cooled crust in an even layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To make sauce: Combine water, sugar, and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then add blueberries and lemon juice and continue simmering, stirring frequently, for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, top each portion of cheesecake with a spoonful of blueberry sauce.
More Simple Cheese Recipes:
Maggie Bullington lives in rural Alabama with her family of homesteaders. She gardens, assists with several home businesses, and tries new recipes with farm-fresh ingredients. Follow Maggie at TinyRanch.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.