- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound sausage (optional)
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced 1⁄2 inch thick
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups raw kale (washed thoroughly)
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat. Then, brown onion and sausage (if using).
- Stir in potatoes, chicken broth, and kale. Once everything is stirred together, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or longer. Then, add heavy cream.
- Cook and stir soup for at least 15 minutes, until it’s blended and warm throughout. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn. Serve with your side of choice.
A break from the usual soups, Kale Soup can be made with or without sausage, whatever tastes better to you. Yield: 6 cups.