Jessie Weidman’s Pot Pie Recipe
6 to 8 servings
- 4 to 5 large potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 to 3 cups chopped carrots
- 3 to 4 cups seasoned chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- Meat of 1 large broiler hen, cooked, cooled, and cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt, to taste
- In large pot over medium-high heat, combine potatoes, onions, carrots, broth, and saffron. Cover with water, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and let simmer while preparing dough.
- In large bowl, combine flour and eggs with fork until all flour is moistened.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1⁄8-inch thick. Cut dough into 1-inch squares.
- Drop dough squares, a few at a time, into broth. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken, and season with salt. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes more. Serve with warm rolls or biscuits. Get more great pot pie recipes.
Serve this pot pie with a batch of your family’s favorite biscuits or rolls.