Serve this pot pie with a batch of your family's favorite biscuits or rolls.
• 4 to 5 large potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
• 3 large onions, chopped
• 2 to 3 cups chopped carrots
• 3 to 4 cups seasoned chicken broth
• 1 teaspoon saffron
• 3 cups flour
• 3 eggs
• Meat of 1 large broiler hen, cooked, cooled, and cut into bite-size pieces
• Salt, to taste
1. In large pot over medium-high heat, combine potatoes, onions, carrots, broth, and saffron. Cover with water, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and let simmer while preparing dough.
2. In large bowl, combine flour and eggs with fork until all flour is moistened.
3. On lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1⁄8-inch thick. Cut dough into 1-inch squares.
4. Drop dough squares, a few at a time, into broth. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
5. Add chicken, and season with salt. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes more. Serve with warm rolls or biscuits.