• 9-inch pie shell, baked and cooled
• 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chunks
• 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
• 1⁄4 cup butter
• 1⁄2 cup dark maple syrup
• 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
• 2 large eggs, beaten
1. Heat oven to 325 F.
2. Into pie shell, spread chocolate chunks evenly over bottom. Sprinkle pecan halves over chocolate. Set aside.
3. In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Remove and let cool for 2 minutes. Stir in maple syrup, coconut sugar, and eggs.
4. Pour mixture over pecans and chocolate in pie shell, making sure pecans are completely covered.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, or until firm. Cool slightly, and serve warm.Check out these other untraditional dessert recipes.