- 4 squares (1 ounce each) chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cream or top milk
- 1 pound confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1. In saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate and butter together. In bowl, combine egg, vanilla, cream and confectioner’s sugar. Stir into melted chocolate, and then knead in nuts.
- Transfer fudge onto buttered platter and refrigerate for several hours before cutting.
Note: If using sweet butter, add a pinch of salt.
Interested in some more special treats for Thanksgiving and Christmas? Whip up some of the homemade delights featured in Recipe Box: Holiday Candy Recipes.
Associate Editor Jean Teller is sure she’s not the only one to consider the candy and desserts one of the best – and certainly the most tasty – parts of the holiday season.