Photo by Getty Images/nicolamargaret
Yields 12 scones.
- 3 cups unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into pats
- 1 cup currants
- 1-1/2 cups unflavored yogurt
- Butter and jam
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter. Add currants and yogurt, and stir to form a dough.
- Turn dough out onto a clean work surface and knead a few times. Roll out to 1/2-inch
- thickness, and cut into circles with a biscuit cutter. Place scones on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with butter and jam.
Learn how to grow and harvest currants in All About Growing Currants.