- 2 medium-large cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeds removed, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup finely sliced red or white onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons salsa seasoning mix, such as McCormicks or Olde Westport Border Bandito’s Salsa Spice Blend, optional
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper, optional
- Finely chopped jalapeño
- Thinly sliced radish, optional
- Salt and coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- In large bowl with tight-fitting lid, combine cucumber, onion, tomatoes, dill and sour cream, and mix well. If using, add salsa seasoning mix, red bell pepper, jalapeño and sliced radish, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to allow flavors to blend. Note: Other types of tomatoes can be used in place of Roma, but be sure to drain them well in a colander or the sauce will be too thin. Find more summer recipes for Easy Outdoor Cooking.
Make a cool, refreshing cucumber-tomato salad to serve with other cookout foods this summer.