Creole Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, preferably Hellmann's or Best Foods
- 1/4 cup Creole mustard
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- 3 tablespoons minced green olives
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to mix. Any leftover sauce will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
More from Project Fire:Project Fire from the GRIT bookstore. Excerpted from Project Fire: Cutting-Edge Techniques and Sizzling Recipes from the Caveman Porterhouse to Salt Slab Brownie S'mores by Steven Raichlen (Workman Publishing). Copyright © 2018. Photographs by Matthew Benson.
Project Fire: Cutting-Edge Techniques and Sizzling Recipes from the Caveman Porterhouse to Salt Slab Brownie S’mores, by Steven Raichlen is an indispensable guide for readers looking to master live-fire barbecue. Raichlen delivers readers step-by-step instructions to mastering essential techniques and provides 100 boldly-flavored recipes ranging from starters like bacon grilled onion rings, to grilled cocktails and desserts. The following excerpt is from Chapter 9, “Ground Meat.”
You can buy this book from our store.
Horseradish, hot sauce, and mustard give this slather sauce plenty of fire power. One good brand of Creole mustard is Zatarain’s, from Louisiana.