Crab Apple Bread Pudding Recipe
Photo by Getty Images/vm2002
Yields 6 to 8 servings.
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cut into cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cored and chopped crab apples
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle bread cubes in dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip eggs. Add syrup, brown sugar, half-and-half, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon, and mix well. Pour over bread in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine butter, crab apples, and granulated sugar. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until fruit is slightly tender.
- Pour fruit mixture over ingredients in baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes, or until set.
Discover more information on crab apples, as well as more great recipes, in Cooking with Crab Apples.
Bruce and Elaine Ingram are the authors of Living the Locavore Lifestyle, about hunting, fishing, and gathering food (with recipes). Contact them at BruceIngramOutdoors@Gmail.com.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.