Cinnamon Applesauce Recipe With Orange
Orange juice and orange peel make this cinnamon applesauce recipe extraordinary.
- 5 cups sliced Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In 3-quart microwave-safe bowl, combine apples, orange juice and orange peel.
- Cover with plastic wrap; vent and microwave on High (100 percent) for 12 to 14 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- Stir in sugar and cinnamon.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Note: For smoother applesauce, purée cooked mixture in blender or food processor.
Yields 3 cups.