- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs (use a mixture to your liking)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 strips lemon zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Whisk together all ingredients.
Note: This marinade is great for chicken or shrimp before broiling or cooking on the grill.
Make in the summer, or keep potted herbs on the kitchen windowsill all year long to indulge in this delightful marinade at any time.
Interested in more? Check out Recipe Box: Make Your Own Cookbook Plus Heirloom Recipes from Carol J. Alexander.
Carol J. Alexander is the author of Homestead Cooking with Carol: Bountiful Make-ahead Meals. She writes and gardens in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Emily still does a lot of the cooking.