Adapted from Spring Creek Church of the Brethren Favorite Recipes.
• 1 1⁄2 cups flour
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1⁄4 cup milk
• 1 broiler hen
• 3 quarts diced potatoes
• 1 quart diced carrots
• 1 quart peas
1. In large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Cut in butter. Make well in center. Add egg and milk, and combine until dough forms.
2. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough and cut into 1-inch squares. Set aside.
3. In large stockpot with water, prepare broiler hen using preferred seasonings. When meat is done, remove, and let cool. Reserve broth, and remove meat from carcass. Set aside.
4. Heat oven to 400 F. Grease large roasting pan.
5. Layer half the potatoes, half the carrots, half the peas, and half the chicken in prepared pan. Top with half the dough squares. Repeat layers. Carefully cover with reserved broth.
6. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.Get more great pot pie recipes.